Intermediate Footplate Experience . . .
£475 per person
challenge of driving and firing a steam locomotive hauling a heavy
train of approximately 200 tons in which your 6 guests can travel.
During your whole day Experience, you will pass other trains carrying passengers along
the line, so timekeeping is an essential part of the day. Running over the whole length of the line, you will steam through Bewdley Tunnel, glide across Victoria Bridge and storm up Eardington Bank, so make sure you keep the pressure up!
Dates for our Intermediate Footplate
Experiences in 2018 will be released in October! Gift vouchers, valid
for two years, are currently available to book.
Locomotives normally used on the Intermediate Footplate Experiences: 2857,
7802 Bradley Manor or 43106 (subject to availability).
In 2018, the Experience will start and finish at Bewdley.
- Safety briefing before the session commences.
- Detailed instruction on how to drive and fire a locomotive.
Only 8 participants per Experience, driving and firing in pairs.
- Travel on the footplate, driving and firing for over 16 miles.
- Travelling a total journey of 64 miles; going through Bewdley Tunnel, over Victoria Bridge and up Eardington Bank.
- You can bring along up to 6 guests only who can travel in
the carriages behind the locomotive (guests must be over the age of 5)
free of charge.
- Opportunities for photographs.
- A presentation folder with a certificate and memento of your experience.
| Saturday 28th October - Full day
| Saturday 4th November - Full day
Email to make an enquiry Call 01562 757900 to book