Introductory Footplate Experience . . .
£350 per person
This, our most popular Experience, has been specifically
designed for those with an interest in steam locomotive operation. The
locomotive hauls one passenger carriage in which up to four guests can
travel free of charge to share in your Experience. Operating on a morning or afternoon, this Experience gives you the opportunity to take control of one our small or large steam locomotives for 8 miles, driving and firing.
Dates for our Introductory Footplate Experiences in
2018 will be released in October! Gift vouchers, valid for two years,
are currently available to book.
Locomotives normally used on the Introductory Footplate Experiences: 813, 1450, 1501 or
7714 (subject to availability).
- Safety briefing before the session commences.
- Basic instruction on how to fire and drive a steam locomotive.
- Travel on the footplate, driving and firing under supervision, for approximately 8 miles.
Only 6 participants per experience, driving and firing in pairs.
- You can bring along up to 4 guests only who can travel in
the carriage behind the locomotive (guests must be over the age of 5)
free of charge.
- One 'Freedom of the Line' family travel ticket is included in the package, allowing the two adults and up to four children to travel on the Railway before or after their Experience.
- Opportunities for photographs.
- A presentation folder with a certificate and memento of your experience.
The Introductory Footplate Experiences runs from Bewdley to Bridgnorth, and return. With Experiences available in the morning or afternoon.
| Friday 27th October - AM
| Friday 27th October - PM
Email to make an enquiry Call 01562 757900 to book