We're celebrating steam locomotive's No. 2857's 100th birthday!
Click here to book Normal Fares Apply Annual Family Pass Valid
Built in 1918, heavy freight engine No. 2857 was a member of the 28xx class which were unquestionably the most technically advanced in Britain for their time. The first member of the class was built in 1903, and locomotives of this general design continued to be produced until 1942 and hauled most of the long-distance heavy goods trains on the GWR and British Railways for sixty years.
The centenary weekend will see up to two goods train in operation alongside our passenger services each day; showcasing the changing face of freight traffic from the 20th century, right through to the modern day on Britain's railways.
- Up to three goods train in service over the weekend, including: Great Western Railway goods train hauled by No. 2857 all weekend and a modern freight train in operation.
- The heritage goods trains will feature some of the more than one hundred goods wagons based on the Railway, dating from the 1880s to the 1980s, which include examples from all four post-grouping railways, plus many pre-grouping, private owner and BR wagons.
- Vintage commercial road vehicles on display along the line, including Mechanical Horses.
- Parcel loading and unloading at Arley.
- Eardington 150 - we're also celebrating Eardington Halt's 150th birthday, Our best kept secret, the little station will be open to the public on both days with various special attractions (trains do not stop here).
- Special timetable.
More information to follow.
|Pre-book & save
|On the day
| Other information
|Annual Family Pass valid. Children: 4 - 15 years, Family: 2 adults + 2, 3 or 4 children, Seniors: 60+.
To qualify for 'pre-book & save' prices these tickets
must be purchased at least five working days in advance of your visit.
Tickets may also be purchased at the same price by calling 01562 757900
(option 1). These tickets are not available for purchase from booking
offices in advance.
All pre-booked tickets are subject to a £1.75 booking fee.
These tickets include FREE admission to The Engine House, our Visitor Centre at Highley.
TICKETS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY POST.
Share this page: